|MLE5 Partners Copyright © 2018 SIL International|
Every two years the International MLE conference in Bangkok is a highlight for MLE practitioners and scholars. This year the 6th Multilingual Education Conference will be combined with the 13th Language and Development Conference (LDC) and address the important issues of language, human mobility, multilingual education and development. Proposals for individual presentations and panels must be received by 28 February 2019. Below are some of the details.
Date: 24-26 September 2019
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Themes: Inclusion, Mobility, and Multilingual Education
The overall aim of the conference is to provide a space for practitioners, NGO staff, researchers and government representatives to explore and exchange ideas on issues of language, inclusion, and mobility in education and development.
- Explore how an open and inclusive multilingual approach, especially in the context of education and wider society, can maximise outcomes and well-being for different groups and for an increasingly mobile population;
- Create linkages between policy, practice and research on how multilingual approaches can be used to advance (civic) participation, access, and learning for children and adults from marginalised and mobile communities;
- Investigate the role of, and balance between, different languages – local, national, and international – in the context of diverse and mobile populations, and social and educational practice; Identify policy priorities for advancing multilingual approaches to social and educational policy-making, learning and development;
- Raise awareness among participants in key thematic areas.
- Language and inclusion
- Language and mobility
- Multilingual education
The conference calls for two kinds of proposals: 1) individual presentations, and 2) panels. Proposals for individual presentations and panels must be received by 28 February 2019. All proposals should be in English.
• Presentation proposals should be no longer than 250 words
• Panel proposals should be no longer than 500 words
Proposals should indicate which of the three themes outlined above the presentation best fits. The conference steering committee reserves the right to include a presentation for consideration in a theme other than the one you may identify, if deemed appropriate.
When you click on the below link to submit a proposal there is a way to tick on “Apply for scholarship”.
I hope many of you will attend this conference again or for the first time!